We are following CDC and New Jersey State guidelines, and maintaining social distancing.
As an essential business, Mahwah Veterinary Groom & Board remains open, and we are committed to providing veterinary care, boarding, day care, and grooming services. We are taking all the necessary precautions to maintain the health and safety of our dedicated team, loyal clients, adorable pets, and the community.
Please note: Face masks are required for all staff and clients while on the premises, including during pet pick-ups/ drop-offs. Clients and staff are required to follow 6-feet social distancing guidelines on the premises.
We are working with a reduced staff. All staff members are required to: wear masks & gloves at all times, wash hands between patients, check their temperatures prior to entering the premises, and report if they experience any COVID-19 symptoms/ have been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19/ have traveled out of the state.
- At this time only staff members are permitted to enter the veterinary building.
- Appointments and drop-offs must be scheduled in advance by phone or email.
- Client forms should be filled out prior to appointments. Any pet records from your previous veterinarian should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Rita Rivero will talk to you on the phone during your pet's consultation.
- We frequently sanitize and disinfect all areas of the veterinary clinic, with special attention to high touch areas and appointment areas (exam tables, scales, etc.)
- Clients who are ill (ex. coughing, fever, shortness of breath) or have been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, are kindly asked to postpone visits/ procedures until further notice.
In case of an emergency with your pet, please visit a 24 hour Pet Emergency Hospital.
Boarding, Daycare, Grooming Services:
- All drop off/ pick-ups have to be scheduled in advance by phone or email.
- Boarding drop-off/ pick-up hours are limited due to the pandemic: Mornings 8-10am / Afternoons 4-6pm. (Please note there will be a daycare fee of $25 for afternoon pick-ups)
- We disinfect all bathtubs, tables, and grooming tools prior to each appointment.
- We disinfect all pets' suites, pet play areas, kitchen, gate handles, and railings.
- We deep clean the boarding/ grooming/ daycare facility at the end of each day.
We appreciate your patience and support as we navigate this outbreak.
Join us in helping those who have been financially impacted by the pandemic. We are collecting unopened pet food for our Pet Food Drive in collaboration with Mahwah Food Pantry. We have a container to collect pet food in the front of the daycare and boarding.
Please call or email for more info.